Tuesday

Incorporating an old project into a new one


 


So you might have noticed something familiar on this decorated paper bag....


It was the redesigned decorated envelope that I did back in Match.


So I tore the flap of the envelope which meant that I could:

1. Remake a flap so that it can serve as an envelope.

2. Incorporate it in a new project while still serving its function as an envelope.


Since I had this paper bag to decorate, I decided to go with option 2.


I kept the elements simple so that the envelope design remains the focal point. I went with a subtle background paper, added a punched border and washi tape. Then matted the envelope on a patterned paper with colours already in the design of the envelope.


I love that I can still put a note in the envelope when I give away this decorated paper bag. :)

What about you? Do you rework your old projects into new ones?



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

That's really cool!

Lynn said...

I liked it as an envelope and LOVE it as a bag! Keep creating!

Lizzyc said...

This looks lovely.. and I used to create more than I do at the moment.. sigh.. hoping I can get back to do more creating one day...

Activatecard said...


Very good write-up. I certainly love this website. Thanks! Debenhams Credit Card Login

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It