Monday

Make Stuff Monday - 2 twenty-minute projects on a Monday


 


Happy Monday friends! For today's Make Stuff Monday, I'm sharing 2 twenty-minute projects that I did today. :) Yep...this girl is going real time. *winks*

First up, this morning's  warm-up watercolour painting of abstract florals which were done with just flat brushes. I think I might have overdone the leaves but I was having fun! And I was all done in 20 minutes! I followed along with Ellen Crimi Trent's tutorial on abstract florals. Of course, mine looks nothing like hers because I like to add my own creative flair to things (but in this case maybe creative mistakes! *LOL*)


Nest up I decided to make a quick card...for my bloggy pals who are more in to the papercrafting side of things. I know I have been in watercolour overload for the last 2 weeks or so. Which is how I roll when it comes to obsessions. Hehehe.

So here is today's 20 minute card. I really really wanted to use the cut-out sentiment but I didn't really like the original design of a crown. I dug through my scrap stash and found the cute little girl with her teddy bear and some random fussy-cut frame (perfect for covering the crown) To add a little more interest  I added a doily diecut and a fussy-cut owl to "complete" the visual triangle. And for more texture, I finished with a ribbon tab, a glittered tape strip and a pearl strip.

There you have it, 2 twenty-minute projects on a Monday. :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I love seeing your obsessions. Bring on the watercolor overload!

Lizzyc said...

wow 20 mins!!! It would take me longer than that to decide what I was going to do!!!! I love the water colors, very pretty.. and such a sweet card too...

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It