Tuesday

This week's really simple card


 


This week's really simple card features another fussy-cut tin man from my stash. There might be another one coming if I can find his head...it got decapitated in my stash *dramatic music plays in the background*. You know, sometimes accidents happen when you are digging through stash. *winks*


And yes, I've been working through my Graphic45 stash. I used to LOVE their collections. But I haven't bought any in the last 5 years or so. Which roughly coincides with the time I started drawing...and the time  I decided to use up all my patterned paper stash without buying any more. 

I've succeeded in the "not buying" any more part (in part due to getting happy mail/design team freebies) but the "using up" part is another story. Which also explains why I'm not on any design teams. For a while now. Every time I'm tempted to try for a design team, I look at the stuff I already have and just don't apply. As it is, I'm still trying to use up design team stash from teams I was on 6-7 years ago! Why do you think I always use my Xyron Creative Machine? Because I still have a cupboard full of adhesive cartridges. *LOL*


I know that lots of people still get so excited when they get on design teams in anticipation of all the lovely stuff they would receive. I've been there and done that. I'm actually quite happy that I don't have huge boxes of "happy" mail coming to me and having to find a place to stash them as I work through a design team term. Maybe I've been paper scrapbooking for far too long. I started in 2006! 

What about you? Are you still buying the new collections or just working through your stash?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Cute card! It cracks me up that Tin Man is in perfect contrapposto.

I'm both working through my stash and receiving (not buying) new product. I don't think I'll ever tire of receiving happy mail full of scrapbook stuff! I love that I can share my bounty with friends, too.

Lynn said...

Okay, I'm home now after traveling for awhile. I've started catching up with blog posts. You've been busy making great stuff. The tin man card is great. I love how you can turn bits and pieces into eye-catching cards.

Lizzyc said...

This looks great.. good on you for using stuff. I need to use more of my bits and pieces too..

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It