Monday

Make Stuff Monday - making a receipt holder pretty


 


These days I'm trying my darnest to use up whatever packaging I get after watching several documentaries and learning with dismay how much of the stuff we put into the recycle bin actually gets recycled. It's less than 10% in my country. *sad music plays in the background*

So today's Make Stuff Monday is my attempt at making a receipt holder pretty.


Here is how it looked like before the makeover...



Inside is a flap to hold the receipt...which is perfect for a handwritten note for a special someone.


I adhered some paper scraps, then went in with some trim and pearls to pretty her up. That big bold bloom just helped to tie everything together. :)


Yes, that pearl trim finally came back into play again. Since I no longer get a steady supply of it as part of the Maya Road Design Team (I don't think they are in business anymore), I had been hoarding it. But I've decided to use everything up and just move on. I'm sure I will find another pretty trim to replace that. :)


Happy week ahead friends! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Very pretty! I haven't seen Maya Road in a couple of years. Too bad.

Lizzyc said...

How lovely! Love the bloom!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It