Wednesday

What the Yams ate in March 2021 aka what I made *winks*


 


Wow...has it been another month of stay-at-home cooking? Well, your girl has been trying hard to minimise time spent in kitchen by simplifying processes...like marinating extra protein for different meals, making larger batches of pasta sauce, using the oven and air-fryer so that she doesn't have to clean the stove...*winks*

This one was fusilli pasta with meatballs, zucchini, celery and mushrooms in homemade pasta sauce.


I also made steamed meat buns...Well, most of them turned out ugly because your gal has not quite gotten the hang of the whole pleating the dough and leaving a hole at the top for the steam to escape thing. *LOL* But they were delicious though. I served the buns with a salad. :)

Grilled carrots, onion and zucchini, air-fryer chicken, avocado on steamed rice with shiitake mushrooms and egg tofu in miso soup.


We also had the monthly treat of homemade pizza...


And air-fryer chicken wings (I marinated for 24 hours using whatever herbs and spices I had available...yep, totally random..hehehe) which were pretty yummy!


Cake #1: Vanilla cake with fresh mango and Swiss buttercream.


Cake #2: Chocolate sponge cake with chocolate and blueberry bits in Swiss chocolate buttercream covered with a thin layer of American chocolate buttercream.


Brown and white steamed rice with roasted veggies (pumpkin, red pepper, onions, tomatoes) in tomato sauce, panfried loin pork, bacon and cheese omelette and Japanese cucumber.


Japanese rice with air-fryer batang fish, roasted veggies (zucchini, potato, onions, carrots), tamagoyaki (Japanese rolled omelette ...eh...I may or not have bought a pan especially for this..hehehe), served with gochujang sauce.



Penne pasta with roasted red pepper, eggplant and shiitake mushrooms, air-fryer chicken, salad greens, Japanese cucumber with homemade Japanese deep roasted sesame salad dressing (so yummy...I've made this dressing 3x!).


A batch of muffins: mix of organic flours and oats, chia seeds, dried cranberries and walnuts.


My first go at nasi lemak (rice with coconut milk) with anchovies amble, spiced fried chicken drumstick, hard-boiled egg served with cucumber and tomato. Now,  my sister actually filmed me making this whole meal...and fingers crossed, if it actually gets edited, I might post it on YouTube. *LOL*


And then of course, there was an oversupply of bananas so I had to make banana bread...you know, to save the bananas!


Not a great picture...because the protein was totally covering it! Hahaha! Fried rice with tomatoes, carrots, eggplant, onions and garlic. Served with oven-baked chicken thigh.


Steamed rice with pan-fried fish, stir-fried red and yellow peppers, purple carrot, shiitake mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and garlic in tomato sauce, Japanese cucumber topped with cashew nuts.


Fish soup with sweet corn, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, lettuce, egg tofu topped with spring onions, parsley and crispy fried garlic served with steamed rice.


Grass-fed striploin steak, Japanese rice cooked in bone broth, Japanese cucumber, dashi soup with shiitake mushrooms, egg tofu, carrot and cabbage.


Pan-fried fish head, tomato fried rice with shiitake mushrooms, red and yellow peppers and omelette with parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella cheese.

And that was what the Yams ate in March 2021....that I made...which I shared on IG. Sometimes I don't get to photograph the food I make because they got eaten up already. *LOL*


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

YUM! I love that you're documenting this. I cook daily but rarely think to snap a photo. By the way, my parents have the exact same plates as you used for the nasi lemak!

Lynn said...

Wow! You cook a lot! It all looks delicious, especially the desserts. Do the Yams need another relative?

Lizzyc said...

I was enjoying looking at all that food..... until the fish head... sorry, I dont think I could even look at that on my plate!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It