Monday

Make Stuff Monday - postal-friendly decorated box


 


I love putting gifts in a decorated box to really heighten the recipient's experience. But postage has gone up quite significantly in the last year. So this year, I am decorating more postal-friendly (and possibly more minimalistic) boxes. It would be cheaper to mail and also easy for me to stack them in their temporary storage location. :)


I started with a sturdy gift box from Givenchy (I got some perfume at Christmas) which I covered with patterned papers. 


I added a piece of white doily to serve as a base and I re-used some bits from recent happy mail.


I must say that I would tempted to add some dimensional flowers and bling to the piece...but that would mean that I would need to bubble-wrap the box and add more $$$ for my postage.*LOL*


What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I totally agree with you about both the idea of decorating a box to make it more exciting for the recipient and the fact that postal costs have risen so much we really have to consider the size of our packages. I now try not to mail anything fragile (too much bubble wrap) and choose my gifts to fit one of the priority mail boxes so I can really pack it with goodies. I love what you did with your box....so pretty...sure to give the recipient a smile even before she opens it.

Lizzyc said...

This looks lovely.. although i think it is far too pretty to post as is.. our mail is not known for its delicate handling!!! and yes postage is getting more expensive here too..

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It