Thursday

My brother's birthday celebration 2021


 


So we had a mini party to celebrate my brother's birthday (actual birthday 1st March)...and I, as usual, challenged myself to make a few yummy treats for the family. 


I made a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting (yes, my piping skills have improved!) and crushed kit kat bits at the base to cover up imperfections *LOL* I also mango tarts (Pâte Sablée tart base filled with pastry cream and freshly cut mangoes). There was a bacon and cheese and vegetable galette. I also made something my brother loves - a sweet potato and yam Chinese New Year cake (made with glutinous rice flour and coconut) sandwich pan-fried with a crispy batter.


And yes, I made him take a photo with the food because I spent all day making them. 


See some familiar bits? They came from the happy mail I shared in yesterday's post. *winks*


Playing along with Let's Get Sketchy.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

14 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I really like this page. The food looks amazing!

Maud's Creations said...

Great page, love the colours, perfect for your celebrations. Thanks for joining us this month at Lets get Sketch8. D.T member Maureen

Lynn said...

Yummy looking layout and treats! Your family is lucky that you are such a talented cook.

Lizzyc said...

Wow that is very nice of you to cook all that stuff.. it looks amazing, and of course you NEED to have a photo with all the food!!!

Tammy Folk said...

What an amazing layout and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this month @ Let's Get Sketchy!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I love how you used your embellishments! This is fantastic! Will you make the food for my birthday? ha ha! Thank you for playing this month at Let's Get Sketchy!

Cathy Lu said...

I really love your take on the sketch challenge. The colors on the page are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy.

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Love your take on the sketch and all your embellishments look fantastic.Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

The Paper Trail said...

So cute! Love all your paper/embellishment layers. :)

Wendy said...

Great take on the sketch! I love your mix of ephemera. Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy.

Chieko said...

Nice layout! Thanks for joining us at LGS.

etsuko kishimura said...

It's a very nice work with gentle colors. Thanks for joining us at LGS.

Shannon said...

Love how you embellished this. Thanks for joining us at let’s get sketchy

Teresa Carlucci said...

I love the doily and heart embellishements! Thanks for joining us in this month's challenge at Lets Get Sketchy!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It