Wednesday

What the Yams ate in Feb 2021


 


So February was a short but busy month. The Yams ate a lot of yummy stuff in addition to the celebratory rich Chinese Lunar New Year goodies. (At least according to me since I made them...clearly modesty is not my strong suit...*LOL*)

While I did not take pictures of every single dish I made, here are the ones I did share on IG.

Like this bowl of homemade hand-torn noodles which is a Yam family fave. The soup base is made with dried squid, onions and carrots. The noodles are made with AP flour + tapioca flour (for chewiness) + egg + water + olive oil. The noodles are served with fishballs, minced pork, an egg with a runny yolk and garnished with crispy fried garlic. Eaten with cut red chillies in soy sauce.


Next up is a minced beef fried rice with red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, Japanese cucumber and avocado served with cut red chillies and spring onions.

I like to add crunchy elements to my dish because I love the mix of textures. Yep...in art and in food. *winks*


We also had a peach frangipane tart. A frangipane tart is one of my faves to make and eat because I love a Pâte Sablée dough and it's so easy to change out the fruit according to what you have on hand. 




Next up: bacon and tomato quiche served with an apple, mango and cucumber salad sprinkled with organic black sesame seeds.


I was inspired to go Japanese - Japanese rice with pumpkin and shiitake mushrooms, miso pork belly, Japanese cucumber and iceberg lettuce, dashi soup with enoki mushrooms and egg tofu.



We also had a chicken pie with a cheesy top crust. All gone. Very quickly I must add.


And why have just one roast chicken when you can have two? Well, two small ones. To feed 10 people. ;)


Pizza had to be included too. Chicken and mushroom pizza. I went with a 24 hour fermentation for the dough and my own pasta/pizza sauce. And yes, I made 5 pizzas in total. 



We also had mango sticky rice. :)



P/s: We had a birthday celebration on the last day of February but I will share what I made in a birthday layout.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

yum yum Yam ... love Mango with sticky rice and all of the other dishes look fantastic.

Lynn said...

Wow! Lots of cooking and lots of gorgeous photos. Your food looks amazing and I'm sure it tasted amazing too.

Cindy deRosier said...

LOL about modesty! No reason to be modest when you are such a fabulous cook!

Lizzyc said...

Wow those dishes sure look interesting.. I have not tasted any of those!!
( apart from roast chicken!!!)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It