Friday

7 (more) fun things to do to your photos on your projects


Back in 2018, I shared 7 fun things to do to photos on your projects. Here are 7 more!:)

The one about the meat lover

1. Make a collage with your photos and fun elements to help tell your story.

Here I went with some fun "monsters", text and textural elements to convey how excited nephew #1 gets when he is about to feast on meat! :)



What to do with leftover wallpaper - project #1

2. Print fun elements on your photos.

My Canon Selphy Square Qx10 allows me to choose frames, text and overlays to print on my photos. The frames create "mats" for my photos and I can even add speech bubbles to convey sentiments.

I just wanna have cake!

3. Frame your photos to really draw the eye to the focal point(s).

Here I "framed" my photos to draw the eye to the different funny facial expressions.

A page from the recipe planner: Choc chip cookies

4. Treat your photo like patterned paper.

There is no need to tiptoe and just decorate around your photo. Treat it like a piece of patterned paper and add your journaling (in my case, recipe) on top of it. Especially when space is limited.


The last time we had a family outing

5. Angle your photos to fit more across the page.

This is a great design element and also allows you to incorporate photos that are not "perfect" and may not match up nicely if you use a standard grid format.


Tutorial Tuesday: How to work with patterns on a layout

6. Set up your photos when you are taking them.

I have "signages" for family and friends to hold up and text props as part of table decor when I take my birthday photos.  Then when I scrapbook my photos, I just add on to them to "extend" the story without huge blocks of journaling (which none of my family members actually read..hehe).

How to eat a scone...according to Papa Yam *winks*

7. Use your photos to journal your story.

Sometimes all you need is 2 photos to tell a hilarious family story.  Like how my dad applies jam to the bottom of the scone to "save" time and get to the eating part fast. *LOL* Since I had that photo of him, I incorporated a closeup of the scones  and made the titlework part of the journaling as well.

There you have it. 7 (more) fun things to do to your photos on your projects. :) Which do you use on your projects?

Happy weekend friends!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You always ROCK your photos!!!! I am always too scared! LOL!! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Great ideas. You have such a creative scrapping style!

Lynn said...

Love this post! Your layouts are so fun because of the colors and movement. I feel like I know your family. They are so obliging and engaging.

Lizzyc said...

these are wonderful ideas to make our pages really pop and look spectacular!! You are very creative!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It