Thursday

July 2020 - sourdough experiments



So you know that I started my sourdough journey last month and baked my first two loaves of sourdough bread. This month, I got a little more adventurous and experimented with more recipes using my sourdough starter :)


1. Focaccia with oregano, tomato and mozzarella cheese.
2. Cheddar cheese bread with oregano and paprika
3. Hokkaido milk bread
4. Chocolate bread with raisins and walnuts


I know that some sourdough experts say you should stick to ONE type of bread till you master it because sourdough breads can be very finicky - change in temperature, strength of starter, type of flour and length of fermentation can all affect the outcome of your baked sourdough bread. But you know me, always a maverick...why can't I learn how to make the "perfect" sourdough bread by experimenting with different flavours, right? It can be so boring eating the same type of bread. And you know my family has some really picky eaters. *winks*


I have been having fun with my sourdough experiments. The long wait for each outcome is actually making the stay-at-home period a little more bearable.While most bakers want large holes in their sourdough breads, I want small holes so that my butter or jam doesn't fall through the holes. *LOL*

Playing along with Stick It Down.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun!! I love that you have been playing with the recipe!!! I love this! LOVING the monster all glittered up!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I like small sourdough holes, too. Awesome layout! Have you tried sourdough pancakes yet? Yummmmmm.

Lynn said...

I admire your adventurous baking experiments. The breads look delicious. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Antonia said...

Great layout! I love the bright colours you used! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down!

Laura said...

Fab layout Yvonne!
Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

I love all the little details. Thank you so much for playing along at Stick it Down .
Looking forward to seeing you again next time.
Love Alex
PinkCraftyMama
Stick it Down DT

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It