Wednesday

Workspace Wednesday - Behind the scenes



Hello friends! Today I thought I would share some "Behind the scenes" photos...you know, real life photos...like how my desk usually looks like when I'm working on that ONE project (as pictured).


Or how about this photo my mum helped to "stage" for an Instagram post when I made some coconut pandan crepes. Not all are pretty...


But these are the ugly (but still yummy) ones that didn't make it pass the Instagram audition. *LOL*


And these were the good-looking chocolate chip cookies that I got when I spaced them out adequately to bake...


But sometimes this happens when I try to squeeze that ONE last cookie in...(hahaha)


And there's more....like this Hokkaido milk bread I made last week with my sourdough starter. Took 3x longer than a normal yeasted bread (mostly waiting for the bread to proof twice) so by the time this was done, it was like 9pm at night. So after taking this photo....


The loaf was removed from the tin and taken to my bedroom to cool down on my bed with my air-conditioner and fan turned on to speed up the process....while I went to shower and get ready for bed.


Yep, I have my trusty bread box on standby to house the bread too. :)

My family is used to seeing me bring baked food from my bedroom down to the dining room...hehehe.


So friends, the pretty stuff  we see on social media is really just the "highlight" of that moment in time. Reality is sometimes a bit less finessed and maybe a little more boring. I mean the highlight  of my day today was when my levain grew 3x. Check out those bubbles! *winks*

Hope I've made you smile a little today. ;)



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Everything looks YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Haha - love it! I've made plenty of cookies that look like that, though I've never cooled food in my bedroom. My favorite part of this post is the one with the Mom-staged crepes. My parents have those exact same plates! Your picture brought me right back to childhood.

Lynn said...

This was a great post! I love seeing real life food photos and the commentary about what went on during the process. Keep posting!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It