Monday

Mixed Media Monday - more fun experimenting


 

50/100

Now that I'm working on a different substrate (100% cotton), I've been having fun exploring how different mediums work on it. Like this one, I drew 3 of the blooms in coloured pencils and then painted the others in watercolour for a fun mix of texture. :)

51/100

Then I tried the bokeh effect with a mix of watercolours and gouache.

52/100

This one took a long time because I drew and coloured in the blooms with coloured pencils. Super labour-intensive even though I found it very therapeutic. Then I did the background in watercolours and finished off with white and black paint markers. These are the kind of flowers on a patterned paper that I want to fussy-cut. *LOL*

53/100

I find myself gravitating to this style the most. It's abstract and loose. And done in a couple of minutes. Watercolours, gouache and paint markers.

P/s: Still behind in returning blog visits. Must have overworked the right wrist again because it hurts when I engage in any repetitive action. The left hand/arm is bearing most of the load now....which is in line with one of my goals for 2022 - to be more ambidextrous. *winks*



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Very nice! I'm really drawn to 53.

Lynn said...

Of the four 53 is my favorite. Lovely florals.

Lizzyc said...

These look great.. I like the fuzzy outlines.. the last one is my fav!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It