Tuesday

Getting more experimental with my #the100dayproject floral paintings


 

41/100
Now that I'm caught up with my floral paintings for #the100dayproject, I find myself getting more experimental...and having way more fun (as opposed to when I was falling behind and feeling stressed up over it).

Like this piece. I worked with gouache and lots of water in the background...then decided to add in some watercolored blooms the next day.

42/100

And when I get tired of adding layers, I just go in with my black pen to outline the elements for a casual look. :)

43/100

Sometimes I attempt something that I failed previously (as in it was UGLY...hehehe)...and it still turned out ugly. Like this one. I may have to come to terms with the fact that freestyling wild flowers is NOT my thing....I probably need to sketch the elements out first. *LOL*

44/100


Just changing up the substrate can yield different results. This one was done on 100% cotton paper. The inks and the watercolours flowed differently. Had to make the switch because I ran out of the previous watercolour paper.

45/100

Decided to use coloured pencils first...before finishing up with watercolours. Really cool...love the dreamy feel.

46/100

Had to try the same supplies again. This time I even coloured in the background before adding the layer of watercolours...which gave me a really bold look.:)

47/100


Played with acrylic inks, coloured pencils and watercolours for this one.

48/100

The gal actually sketched this one out in pencil (who is she?...hahaha) before loosely painting with gouache and watercolours.

49/100

Another play with watercolours. gouache and coloured pencils. :)

What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

1 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE 48. I also am drawn to 42 and 49.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It