Wednesday

What nephew #1 ate for breakfast last week


 


So I've been told that no 17 year old needs breakfast to be made by his aunt every morning (said his other aunt...*winks*). But you know me, all about embracing "unplanned parenthood" and taking the opportunity to express my creativity while doing it. *LOL*

I've decided to up my presentation of my eggy breakfasts...

First up, Monday's brekkie for nephew #1: Japanese style egg - tamagoyaki with minced pork (technically challenging...*sweat*) served on toasted and buttered sourdough sandwich bread, topped with bonito flakes and sesame seeds.


Tuesday was the one where the aunt decided to give her arms a workout at 6am in the morning by whipping egg whites to medium peaks manually (hand whisked) to make a cheesy egg soufflĂ© omelette for  nephew #1.


Wednesday was the "aunt had to wake up extra early because kid leaves at 6am" day. Added two eggs to leftover macaroni stir-fry from the day before and made a "new" dish. He didn't eat the macaroni dish the day before so it was all new to him....hahaha.


Thursday he got freshly made sourdough pancakes with chia seeds and dried cranberries.



On Friday, he got omurice - Japanese rice omelette (Of course because I had leftover fried rice..hehehe which he didn't eat the day before so it was a "new" dish for him).

In case you were wondering, the kid eats his breakfast then comes to tell me that he's leaving for school. I then give him a hug and wish him a good day in school. Can I tell you that next week is the start of the one week school break and I'm really looking forward to waking up with the sun for a whole week? 
*happy dance*


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

1 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I completely agree with 'other aunt' but if it brings you pleasure to cook him breakfast, so be it! I hope he appreciates your efforts.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It