Thursday

Fresh floral displays using sake bottles


 


Happy Thursday friends!  Yesterday I picked up some fresh blooms. They were too small a bouquet to fill up my usual vase so I cut them down and used my sake bottles as "vases" to get 3 smaller floral displays.  You might recognise two of the bottles because they have been "decorated" previously.  The centre one is "naked" because I haven't got round to making her pretty. Yet. *winks*


This bottle was decorated a couple of years ago with a zipper, lace, pearls and a metal deer head from a paperclip. I actually have an altered bottle tutorial for it that was done back in 2015! Over the years, it has been used as a pen holder, a brush holder, a photo prop and of course, a vase. :)


This bottle makeover was just decorated back in April this year as an addition to my photo prop collection...but works great as a floral holder too. :)


And then there is the unadorned one.  I kind of like how the light shines right through it. I might opt for something translucent over it....like lace or printed acetate or clear glass paint. What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I'd probably add rub-ons in a few places. I'm thinking a delicate floral or leaf pattern in white. Or the same idea with a stencil and glass paint.

Lynn said...

Pretty vases! I'd like to see you do something with clear glass paint....faux stained glass?

Lizzyc said...

Such pretty glass, I wouldnt cover it too much.. the other 'dressed' ones look pretty too!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It