Wednesday

The one about the mung bean cakes


 


Earlier this month, I made some mung bean cakes for the first time. 

The mung beans (green beans) were washed and soaked for 6 hours/overnight before being steamed till soft. After that, sugar, butter and dried cranberries are added and the soft beans are mashed and rolled into balls. The pastry is a yeasted one made with all-purpose flour and vegetable oil. The dough is wrapped around each ball of filling then flattened and baked in the oven for around 20 minutes. 

The pastry was light and crispy and went with the sweet bun bean filling.


I had never actually eaten a mung bean cake before ...and wanted to share it on IG so I tried one..and took photos. And since my dad was in the vicinity...he got to try one too. (I mean he was watching me eat...kind of had to offer him one...*LOL*)


There I was thinking that it would great with my morning espresso the next day. After all, I baked 10. We ate 2. There were still 8 left right?

Wrong. I underestimated the popularity of the mung bean cakes. Because mum and nephew #1 ate the rest the next morning. Yep. Each of them ate 4 mung bean cakes. *dramatic music plays in the background*


Mum was like, "I thought they were muffins and I brought them to school. And I had 2 for breakfast and 2 for snacks."

Nephew #1 was like, "I ate two for breakfast at home and brought the other two to school for snacking."

Guess they must be really yummy. *winks*


And that my friends, is the story about the mung bean cakes. Not terribly exciting under normal circumstances but in COVID 19 days, is an "exciting" event in my stay-at-home life. *LOL*

Playing along with The Studio Challenges.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Death to anyone who eats ALL of my home-baked goods without my permission! (OK, maybe not death, but a STRONG glare in their direction.)

Lynn said...

They look yummy! I don't blame your family for eating them so quickly. Your layout is very good and works well to feature the mung bean cakes.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It