Monday

Handmade gift #2 - home-baked chocolate chip cookies


 


Hello friends! 2020 has been such a challenging year so I am spreading a little festive cheer with some home-baked sweet treats...nicely packaged in one of my Christmas packaging of course. Pictured is the reworked decorated paper bag featuring Santa.


I even took out my Christmas oven gloves to help me out with the festive baking. Aren't these cute? I found them in mum's stash months ago and now I can finally use them! *happy dance*

Today I'm sharing my current fave chocolate chip cookie recipe. Please note that lots of patience is required to make this.

1 cup unsalted butter (227g)
3/4 cup organic raw sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cold eggs 
300g all-purpose organic flour
26g bread flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tsp organic sea salt
2 tsp cinammon 
chocolate chips & walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
organic sea salt for sprinkling

1. The first thing you need to do is get your butter out and into a pan. Because you need to melt the butter till you get burnt butter. Which takes a long time. And a lot of stirring. And a lot of.."Why did I even start this?" Until you start smelling the toastiness of the burnt butter. Then you will be like, "Omg. This is going to be the best cookie ever!"

Even so, you're going to have to wait. Because you need to transfer the burnt butter into a container and put it into the refrigerator until it solidifies again. Which takes like maybe 90 minutes.

2. During the wait, you could prepare your other ingredients and put them in the refrigerator as well. Because this recipe requires everything to be cold.



3. Once your butter is ready, cream the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer. You could totally do it with a wooden spoon and get a good arm workout. But I would recommend using a stand mixer/handheld mixer because you already lost some precious time with the burnt butter. *winks* Once the mixture is light and fluffy, add in the cold eggs, one at a time.

4. Next, add in half the dry ingredients until well-incorporated, then finish off with the remaining dry mixture. Do not overmix. I usually stop when I still see little bits of flour because I find that it is easier to mix in the chocolate chips and nuts when there's still some flour unincorporated.

5. Add in the chocolate chips (I went with dark chocolate and white chocolate) and nuts. I didn't specify an amount because I usually just eyeball the amount. *LOL*



6. Then you need to put the dough in a container, cover it and put it in the refrigerator. Where it will stay for 3 days. Because it got tired after all the mixing...and needs to rest. Okay, you can bake them after 1 hour but it gets more yummy after 3 days. My suggestion is to bake some to get you through the 3 day wait and then bake the rest after 3 days.

7. Three long days later, get your cookie dough out of the fridge and preheat your oven to 350F/180C.  Place your cookies out on a baking tray and bake for 12-14 minutes depending on your doneness preference and how big your cookies are. I like mine crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. And I like the size of cookies I get when I use my ice-cream scoop. They are easy to handle and pack.


They do spread a little so leave some space for them when you bake.


For a little more depth of flavour, sprinkle some organic sea salt on top.

There you have it...my current fave chocolate chip cookie recipe. :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YUM! And loving those oven mitts!! I would use those all year! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Those sound SO good! I love brown-butter anything.

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe in such a lovely way. The cookies look yummy but maybe too hard for me to attempt.... perhaps someday.

Lizzyc said...

Far out they would want to taste amazing after waiting three days!! I have not heard of using burnt butter in cookies before.. and I would not be that patient with my cooking.. I would probably forget about the cookie dough and find some black mess in the back of the fridge weeks later!!

Syedzulqarnain said...

i am a writer

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It