Thursday

My first attempt at sugar cookies *winks*


 


Would you believe that your gal here has never made sugar cookies and made them pretty? *dramatic music plays in the background*

So I made my first batch on Sunday and got some "assistants" to try out the consistency of my royal icing....


Nephew #3: working hard on spreading his icing....


The niece was very pleased with her creations. And of course my assistants were paid handsomely - they ate all the cookies they decorated! *LOL*


So I thought I might attempt a Christmas cookie box as a gift for my cousin. But of course, nephew #1 ate most of the remaining undecorated cookies so I had to make and bake some more. 


I also got a food container box from Daiso for my Christmas cookie gift box. Well, I found out that the decorating part was way way way harder than I thought and I had to simplify to get a somewhat decent box of cookies. Alright, brace yourself. Don't forget that this gal is new to sugar cookies and decorating them....



Tada! My first decorated box of Christmas cookies! Hahahaha!:) They don't look that great but they are quite yummy! :)


Here they are all wrapped up and as I am typing this, digesting in the stomachs of my cousin, her husband and their son.:)

Happy holidays my friends! I know this is a tough year with many of us unable to spend the festive season with friends and family. But this difficult time will pass. Let's just stay safe and protect those around us. 

Meanwhile I'll be taking a bloggy break...see you in 2021! 


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

They look great! Merry Christmas and I'll "see" you in the new year.

Lynn said...

At least yours can be given away. My first batch of decorated sugar cookies was a messy disaster even though I followed Martha Stewart's instructions. I haven't decorated cookies in ages but it was fun when I did get it right. Maybe I'll be ambitious and do decorated Valentine cookies. Keep blogging your cooking and crafting adventures. It's fun to follow along. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Lizzyc said...

YUM YUM YUM!!

James said...

I really like your sugar cookies *winks*. I hope that you will continue to make such cooking in the future. Keep sharing. Now it's time to avail shutter repair service for more information.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It