Wednesday

Let's chat - life update in Singapore


 


It's been a while since my last update on life in Singapore during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Prime Minister just announced several days ago that we will be going into Phase 3 of re-opening on December 28. We have been in Phase 2 since June. 

With Phase 3, local attractions can accommodate visitors at 65% capacity up from a previous 50%. Social gatherings can be in a group of 8 people, up from 5 previously. There would be a pilot scheme of some nightspots re-opening in January 2021. These have been closed since March 2020. Mask-wearing remains mandatory in all public places.

And of course, by end December, Singapore will have its first batch of the Pfizer-BioNtech vaccines in the country. While priority will be given to essential and front-line workers and the more vulnerable citizens, the plan is to vaccinate all citizens and long-term residents above the age of 16 by third quarter of 2021. 

While vaccination is free, it is voluntary. Our senior ministers will be first in line to get vaccinated to allay public fears and attest to the safety of the vaccine. My folks are adamant about NOT taking the vaccine because of the fears of the long-term side effects which are unknown at this point in time. My sister and I are on the same page - we will get vaccinated if it means that we get to travel again. However, we'll probably be low in the priority queue based on risk factor. 

What about you? Will you be taking the vaccine once it becomes available to you?


Moving on to some happy things...check out the happy mail from my Aussie pal Lizzy. Of course, it arrived the day after I informed her that her X'mas package will be late (because in a time of pandemic, parcels have to be sent out mid-November to have any hope of reaching the recipient before Christmas)...*LOL* 


And yesterday, I went to Spotlight (Aussie-owned craft and interior superstore) to pick up a 1M open star tip and some sprinkles...and came home with these! My excuse is that there were on 30 -40% off and I get an additional $40 off $100 purchase. So, you are looking at S$61.80 worth of cake-decorating supplies! Guess, cake-decorating is going to be my new hobby for 2021.

Tell me, how are things going in your neck of the woods?

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm torn about it .... I work in an office of only 8 people... and two of them tested positive last week (one of which actually became COVID sick, while the other is just fine, but still self-isolating) -- sooooo Brookie and I both had to get tested this past weekend because of that (thank you $300.00 gone for that) -- we both tested negative ... but still I worry... so yes, I am torn on the vaccine. I love what Lizzy sent you!!! So sweet of her!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Oooh, can't wait to see your cakes! I love cake decorating even though I don't do it often.

I will get the vaccine when it's available to me. I'm normally very reluctant to get new vaccines - I want to see what the long-term effects might be - but in this case, the risk far outweighs the reward. I think I'll be the absolute last priority on the vaccine list though.

Lynn said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your decorated edibles in 2021! In Hawaii we are behind of Singapore and haven't moved to the next level. I can't believe how self-centered some people are...refusing to comply with simple requests. I think I will probably take the vaccine as I don't have confidence that we will reach herd immunity here.

Lizzyc said...

OO I am looking forward to seeing your cake decorating and good on you for getting a bargain to boot! Lizzy is amazing and I have been the recipient of her lovely happy mail.. and things here have been good the borders were opened and things were looking good for Christmas.. BUT there have been some new cases so things are in panic mode and borders have been closed to the people from the infected areas.. There has not been any vaccine available to aussies at this stage perhaps next year.. and I will not be lining up straight away, I have no intentions of flying anywhere and it worries me that it may have been rushed and the side effects are not really known.. I will watch and see... but then does the media report honestly these days anyway??? take care.. and keep safe..

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It