Wednesday

Workspace Wednesday - a face from the sketchbook


 

I haven't been drawing much in the last few months. Yep...my 100 portraits project for 2020 is a total bust. I think I did like 20. :(

Prior to the whole COVID 19 pandemic, I would draw at a cafe for a bit after a late lunch while finishing my cup of tea. Now that we have been home for the last 8 months, there would always be something else to do in the house - fix something, vacuum, cook et cetera. Lots of distractions.

Plus, I wanted to do 100 portraits of family and friends. The need for resemblance in my drawings to real life people made the task seem harder so the lazy person in me just avoided it altogether. 

Today, I went back to my usual cafe to find a little inspiration to start again. It has been 8 months since I've last been here. Just a quick sketch...a loose drawing with no likeness to anybody in my life. Just to get back into the rhythm of drawing again. This is the product so far.

What about you? Is there one aspect of your life you feel uninspired/unmotivated by?

 

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love this!! And I feel ya ... even though my job requires me to leave the house everyday, this entire year has been a little uninspiring!

Cindy deRosier said...

There are a lot of aspects of my life that are suffering right now, but others make up for it. All part of the ebb and flow, I guess. And the fact that anything resembling a routine around here never lasts for long. I'm glad you're back to drawing.

Lizzyc said...

Wow this face looks great! Must be good to be able to get out to your fav cafe.. I am just totally unmotivated to do much at all!! Scrapping has become very hard to do.. not sure why... I hope that changes in 2021!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It