Thursday

A quick makeover of a mooncake box


 


This year's Mid-Autumn Festival is on October 1st...and you know what that means....mooncake boxes to decorate! But I have to confess that I have a few undecorated ones lying around, conveniently used as storage boxes until they can be "prettified". *winks*

Like this one. :)


It is a solidly constructed mooncake box meant to be a jewellery box for the recipient after he/she devours the mooncakes inside. Of course, it came to me minus the mooncakes courtesy of a well-meaning friend who knew I would appreciate the box more than the mooncakes. *LOL*


I decided to just keep it simple. I cut patterned paper for the sides of the box and the top (which had the brand of the mooncake company), ran the pieces through my Xyron Creative Station for an even layer of adhesive. Then just adhered it to the box. I added pearl trim to the top of the box and finished with a bloom.


In case you were curious about how the jewellery box looked like inside....:)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!!! I love that!!! Very COOL!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe how fancy that box is, though now that I think about it, I'm very glad they make boxes that can be repurposed. We need more of that. Would it be super rude to reuse last year's mooncake box for this year's mooncakes? Does anyone DIY their mooncakes, or is it a must to buy them?

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It