Friday

How to incorporate paper scraps on your layouts


If you are like me, you've probably accumulated a ton of paper scraps over the years of scrapbooking. I try my best to exhaust every single morsel of usable scrap paper because I hate to waste anything. Here are some ideas for how to use your paper scraps on your layouts. :)

1. Create your own version of a store-bought embellishment.

Try fussy-cutting out text or elements to make a tag or a cute cluster that would go well with the theme of your layout.

2. Unify your layout with a single repeated colour.

On this layout, I used RED to create a visual triangle around my photos and tie the elements together. If you organize your paper scraps by colour, this is a great way to use up pieces of the same colour but different design.
4. Have a little fun with your punches.

Create a little visual interest with your border punches and diecuts. They are a great way to use up those paper scraps.:)

5. Go with a whimsical scene.

I love to use paper strips as a base and add fun elements (stamped or fussy-cut) to create a whimsical scene.
6. Piece the paper scraps like a puzzle to create an interesting mat for your photos.

I love to use this method for piecing together really small paper scraps. The trick is to put together the bigger pieces, then slot/tuck the smaller pieces in. If you feel that the patterns are too jarring, add some washi tape as a buffer. I like to add shaped elements to soften any hard edges. Here I used punched out circles and stars.

There you have it....6 ways to incorporate paper scraps on your layouts. How do you incorporate your paper scraps on your layouts?



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You always rock the scraps ... me?!? I just put them in the recycle bin!! LOL!! I have toooooooooo many papers to keep trying to use every scrap! HA!! I am a loser... I know :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Great ideas! I save all my scraps, but they end up on kids crafts more often than on scrapbook layouts.

Lynn said...

Those were great tips for scrapbook layouts. I always admire your pages and unstoppable determination to use up paper scraps to make beautiful visions.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It