Friday

How to incorporate washi tape like a pro on your creative projects Part 2


 

I love using washi tape on my projects. They are a quick way to add pattern and interest to your projects and serve as an added adhesive security too. Back in July 2019, I shared How to incorporate washi tape like a pro on your creative projects, here's Part 2. :)



1. Embrace the pattern on your washi tape.

I love this fun banner design on my washi tape so I used it like I would use an actual banner embellishment. Perfect for a birthday party layout. :)



The overdone tea tin

2. Use it for altered projects.

Sometimes it's hard to get patterned paper to stick to a curved surface....why not just use washi tape? I used gold patterned washi tape along the top edges of this square tea tin with rounded edges. :)





We-are-family

3. Treat it like strips of patterned paper on your projects.

Because of its translucency, it is a great a alternative to patterned paper strips if you still want your base to be visible. On this layout, I used washi tape of the same width to add more pattern and interest but still allowed the misted stencilled background to be seen.



4. Utilize it as a unifying feature in your Christmas wrapping.

Last year, I used this red washi tape on all my Christmas wrapping so they all looked like a cohesive whole even though I used different patterned papers for the wrapping.


Roast-chicken-again?

5.  Incorporate more patterns and added adhesive security on your projects.

You know how I love my patterns. Adding a strip or two of washi tape is a great way to up the pattern factor on your projects. Try using washi tape with colours that coordinate with the colours on your projects for a cohesive look and feel. I stick to the Japanses MT tape because the washi tape really stays down once you put them on.

There you have it...how to incorporate washi tape like a pro on your creative projects Part 2. :)

What about you? Do you like incorporating washi tape on your projects?

Happy weekend friends! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous ideas... what you create always looks great.. I have washi but I forget to use t!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

^^^ What Lizzy said! LOL!! I always forget to use it!! HA!!! I love these ideas!

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wrapped gifts! I don't remember seeing them on your blog before.

Lynn said...

Great washi ideas....thanks for sharing them. I'm gonna steal your washi banner look for a future card. *wink*wink*

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It