Thursday

A page from the recipe planner - mango sticky rice



Today's page from the recipe planner features a Yam family fave - Thai Mango Sticky Rice.:)

It requires very few ingredients and a little patience (mostly waiting time...*winks*) to get a really yummy dessert.:)

When I first googled the recipe, it said to soak the glutinous rice overnight (at least 8 hours) but a further google search led to the discovery that the soaking time can be significantly reduced by using warm water instead of room temperature water. Yeah...how was life like before google eh? *LOL*
If you were wondering about the photo...the rest of the Yams were out of the house when this was ready so I had time to "stage" the dish for photo-taking. I mean, you know how hard it is to keep food uneaten in this household right? Why do you think my bread is in the freezer? Because it requires effort to put it in the oven in order to eat it and that's too much work for the majority of the Yams. *hahaha*

Do you have problems with keeping food "safe" in your household? 

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

My family knows my fave things and knows not to touch them (yes, they are all afraid of the wrath of Julie! *wink*)!! I loveeeee this! LOVING how you used the circle alphas!

Cindy deRosier said...

Hahaha! My guys know to ask, "Can I eat this?" whenever I make something. They're well-trained.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It