Wednesday

Workspace Wednesday - my latest obsession: nail wraps


 


These days I've been somewhat obsessed with nail stickers. Check out this first batch I ordered! :)

With the daily housework and cooking, regular nail polish doesn't last a day before chips appear. Back in April I tried a gel manicure at a local nail spa and they promised a "free" soak off. But when I went back 10 days later, they said that the "free" soak-off was only if I paid for another gel manicure! At this point the nails were not looking good so I paid for a full manicure, pretty angry that all the local nail spas were running the same "scheme". Of course I watched the nail tech like a hawk to see how she removed the old polish, how she cleaned and prepped my nails...because I was not going back. Ever.

Anyway, that day I went home and ordered a gel polish starter kit and nail steam remover from Amazon (my sister gave me an Amazon gift card for my birthday). I miss getting my nails done in Vietnam at 1/4 of the price. But I'm doing my own nails until I can travel again. *encouraging music plays in the background*

And then last month, I discovered the wonderful world of nail wraps.


I tried some transparent ones to overlay my gel manicure.


Then went direct on my nails with the opaque designs. I did add a gel top coat and cured under an LED lamp to ensure that they stayed on. And they lasted 5 days before they chipped a little at the edges. But it was about time...I was slightly bored with the patterns already. *winks* Actually I let my nails rest for at least 2 days each week. Those are the days I make my doughs because I like to go in with my hands and knead.  


And these were the ones I put on my nails earlier today. Yep...that would be a pink flamingo with its head partially cropped because I have short nails. *LOL* While I think it's nice to have longer nails, I can't type on the keyboard with nail tips so my nails are trimmed every week. 

Even though the nail wraps are supposed to stay on for 10 days (without a top coat), it probably only lasts that long on somebody who does NO housework or cooking. But they are way cheaper than getting nail art done at a nail spa. And with my gel nail kit and nail wraps, I'm pretty set with having cute nails for a while (eh...I might have ordered another batch of nail wraps ..hahaha)

In case you were wondering, I haven't experienced any damage to my nail beds since using gel polish and nail stickers at home. Not even the yellowing that I used to get from wearing regular polish. Probably because I'm using acetone steam to remove the polish instead of soaking in acetone. I do apply cuticle oil every day though. 

What about you? What is your latest stay-at-home obsession?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I don't know that I have a new stay-at-home obsession. I like almost everything about staying home. I am looking forward to taking Trevor in for his first haircut in over a year. He'll be officially fully vaccinated in a matter of days. :)

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow I have not even heard of nail wraps before.. they look great.. so many options.. enjoy that.. i dont have anything new here...

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It