Thursday

A page from the recipe planner - bibimbap


 


One of the Yam family's fave weekday lunch meals is bibimbap - Korean mixed rice bowl. 

The original Korean recipe calls for all the veggies and meat to be cooked separately and arranged along the circumference of a mound of rice in a bowl. For visual impact, you have a mix of colourful veggies like carrots, corn and peppers. And you finish off with a sunny side-up on top. To eat it, you add as much gochujang sauce as you want and just mix the whole bowl up.

I tend to cook this dish when I'm low on meat supply...I just add a medley of veggies and mushrooms to bulk it up. The runny egg yolk really ties this dish together, making this mixed rice bowl dish a member of the empty bowl club. *winks* 

You can use any protein you like ...I always mix it up..chicken, beef or pork. I also mix up my own gochujang sauce by adding honey, sesame oil and a squeeze of lemon to give it more depth of flavour.


I also serve up some other condiments on the side. like fried garlic, white sesame seeds and seaweed. My family members are fussy and will complain if I add stuff they don't like to their rice bowl. Or give me that face of disgust. I know, the Yams are totally spoiled. *LOL*

I do cheat a little when I make this dish though. Instead of cooking each veggie separately, I cook them all together (since they are all going to be mixed up anyway) to save time.

What about you? Have you tried a mixed rice bowl?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Don't judge me woman ... but I don't like rice! LOL!!!! My family LOVES rice ... so whenever they want it, I eat something else for dinner! LOL!!! Love this page! LOVING the Lily Bee banner pieces ... I think I still have some of those too! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

I love bibimbap! Rice bowls are a frequent meal around here, though neither Steve nor Trevor like runny eggs so they eat an inferior version.

Lynn said...

Bibimbap is a winner in my mouth. I need to make it soon now that you've made my mouth water. You layout is terrific and really enhances your yummy cooking.

Lizzyc said...

Very nice.. sounds yummm!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It