Wednesday

A page from the recipe planner - Basque burnt cheesecake


 


This week's page from the recipe planner is Basque burnt cheesecake - possibly the world's easiest cheesecake. :)


I'm used to making traditional New York cheesecake which involves making a biscuit base, baking in a water bath, cooling in the oven with the door slightly ajar, cooling on the table till room temperature and an overnight refrigeration before one can even cut into it. 


The Basque burnt cheesecake is a one bowl, one whisk and baked within the hour cheesecake...which can be...*wait for it* eaten at room temperature! :)


I've made this enough times to have tweaked it to my preferred doneness - soft and gooey on the inside and a bit custardy on the outer edges of the cake. :)



It is ONE of those baked goods that looks terrible...

Mum, "Oh dear, did you burn your cake?"

And everyone avoids taking the most "burnt" piece on their first try...but later realizes that the "burnt" (caramelized) ones are much more yummy. *LOL*



Have you tried Basque burnt cheesecake? I like mine chilled because it tastes like ice-cream. :)



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am not a cheesecake-r ... but the clan loves them! Will have to try to make this for them!! And BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love cheesecake, but I haven't tried this version. I'm sure I'd love it!

Lynn said...

I LOVE cheesecake so you know I'm going to try your recipe. Thanks for including it in your post. I've never eaten this version before but it looks yummy!

Lizzyc said...

Oh I have not tasted this one. sounds amazing though.. I really like the burnty roast potatoes when I cook a roast.. yummoooo!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It