Tuesday

This week's page from the sketchbook



This year I want to be more adventurous in my mark-making. Making my drawings a composite of several references and adding my own interpretation of the piece based on my limited experience and what I "see".


The start of every drawing is always rough. The "ugly" stage lingers for quite a while as you fumble to get the angles/perspectives correct. It's tempting to want to physically measure to try to get it "right" but the whole point of practice is to learn how to just draw what you see and not what you think you know.  


My fave part of every drawing/painting is when I start to add in the highlights. That's when things start to come alive for me. And I have a tendency to go at it with wild abandon....like a kid. *winks*

Just sharing this week's page from the sketchbook. :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So real!! Love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, this is so amazing, Yvonne! I really thought it was a photograph at very first glance!

Cindy deRosier said...

Alarmingly realistic! (I'm oogy about anything having to do with eyes.)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It