Wednesday

The process of drawing my nephew Gan Solo



New year, new nephew. Friends,  meet my nephew Solomon, son of my cousin A and his Vietnamese wife....or as my corny cousin affectionately calls his son, Gan Solo (yep...Star Wars reference..*LOL*).



I started with a quick sketch using a coloured pencil (Faber Castell Polychromo).


Once I was happy with the general placement of features, I darkened the drawing further with the same coloured pencil.


Next, I worked on the mouth...


Then I gave him some colour on the cheeks...


And gave him some hair...;)


Getting in on the details...this took me over a week to draw (a few hours each day)...


And it looks nothing like the reference photo...hahaha!

What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

SD pooja said...

Slightly different from reference photo , hut still is super Amazing !! It looked real start from the sketching process and your Coloring brought it to life !!

Cindy deRosier said...

A bit different from the reference photo, but still awesome! I love seeing your drawings.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I think it looks amazing! And he is a CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It