Thursday

Drawing mum - a page from my sketchbook




Hello friends! The other day mum showed me a photo of her younger self and I decided that I should be less narcissistic (one would think that given the number of self-portraits I have been sharing...*LOL*) and draw mum instead. ;)


Here is younger mum...back in the early 70s.


As always, I started with a rough sketch with my non-dominant hand. Yep...it looks terrible but I find that it helps me loosen up and not overthink.


Here is a mid-process shot. I only used one coloured pencil for this sketch.

What do you think? Do I resemble my mum?




Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I think you AND sissy BOTH look like her!!!!!!! She was gorgeous then and now!!!!!! I loveeeeeeee your portrait of her!!!!

SD pooja said...

Just like Julie said i also thought same about the sketch, even if didn't see the photo i could guess its your Mom or sister ! Your Mom is beautiful l am looking forward to the completed portrait.

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I think your sister looks just like your mom!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It