Thursday

A page from the recipe planner - Guiness chocolate cake



So Nigella Lawson's Guiness Chocolate Cake is the Yam family's current fave chocolate cake until the family baker (aka me) finds another winning recipe. I've made it 3 times in Nov/Dec 2019. Twice with cream cheese frosting. And once with chocolate buttercream frosting.


The cake is damp and rich and very chocolatey. I did make an adjustment to the sugar content for the recipe because I don't like my cakes too sweet. Especially cakes that are served with frosting. (Personally, I find that you can reduce the sugar by at least 1/3 without compromising the integrity of the final cake.)


My sister was pretty excited about her Guiness Chocolate Cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. She actually asked me to take a photo of her with the cake (yep, I didn't even have to ask!)...which was perfect for my recipe planner. *LOL*


Do you have a fave chocolate cake recipe? Share it with me! ;)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! I love her face in that photo.... you can tell she definitely LOVES it too!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Mmmmm... sounds delicious! It's been awhile since I've made chocolate cake. I made a lemon cake a few days ago for Steve's birthday and it was awesome.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It