Wednesday

Workspace Wednesday- salmon quiche


 


So I am currently trying out recipes that can be made ahead for busy days...or when I'm back to my regular travelling. 

Today I tried out a salmon quiche and it was well-received by the family. It was not hard to make but I probably need to make my dough earlier next time. I made my dough at 4pm today and served the quiche at 6.45pm (which is waaaaaayyyyyy past the usual dinner time of 6pm and people were "dying" already....*LOL*) because the dough needed to rest for an hour before rolling and another 15 minutes after.

Do you have any ideas of food to prep in advance for quick execution on busy days?

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I keep prepped meat (diced ham, cubed chicken, cooked bacon, etc) and potatoes in the freezer, along with chopped onions, carrots, and celery. I keep frozen peas on hand too. I can add combinations of them to make a quick soup, a pasta dish, breakfast burritos, etc.

Lizzyc said...

That quiche sounds yummy.. I like quiches that are quick mix and cook making the crust as it cooks.. most are called "impossible pies" throw it all in together and it cooks making its own base.. I like slow cooker meals in winter again chuck it all in and it cooks together.. I have a great risotto that I cook in the oven quick and easy.. I guess my recipes are for quick preparation as I used to have 4 kids at home.. I am a simple cook!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It