Tuesday

What the Yams ate on a Tuesday


 


Today: the last day of a 4 day long public holiday weekend. *sad music plays in the background*

It was drizzling this morning so I made the folks a French-style brekkie - Oeufs Au Plat. Yes my friends, that would be my dad's latest "smile" for the camera.


Lunch was a little late today because I had to go get fresh food from the market and supermarket...and by the time I put all the groceries away, did a short workout routine and had a quick shower, it was 11.45am. 

Had to "cheat" a little to get lunch done fast. First thing was to cook the rice. Then get the oven preheating. Prep the fish that I just got from the market (descale, wash and season). Cut the pork loin and season (set aside). Put fish in oven...then cut the veggies for the sauce to go on top of fish. Stir-fried the pork. Then cleaned pan and used the same pan to make sauce for the fish. Can you tell that I tried to make that my veggie dish too? *winks*

Served up the pickled cabbage and carrots and radish from the fridge (I try to make a batch every fortnight). 


I really didn't feel like cooking dinner at all...I was in the zone painting my florals. So I kept it really simple. I heated up pumpkin soup (leftover from Saturday's lunch that I froze).


Then I boiled some pasta and made a quick salad with chicken (leftovers from yesterday's lunch), mushrooms. chayote, beetroot and mango in a vinaigrette dressing. 

It was a pretty tasty dinner ...and we had a portion leftover which is perfect for nephew #1's brekkie tomorrow so the aunt doesn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn. *happy music plays in the background*

And that my friends, is what the Yams ate on a Tuesday. :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Does your family eat better than most, or is that a typical day's meals in Singapore?

Lizzyc said...

That sounds amazing! A cheese toastie is one of my fav lunches!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It