Thursday

Tutorial Thursday- Santa on a milk carton


 


A recent re-organization and declutter of my craft supplies uncovered some hidden "new" gems in my stash...


Like a bunch of these craft milk cartons. Which are perfect since I don't have that many gift boxes to upcycle for Christmas this year.:)


I cut some patterned paper and adhered to the carton.


For a slight contrast, I used the b-side of the patterned paper for the main design panel.

You can see that I did a lousy job cutting the circle out after adhering the patterned paper. What I should have done was trace out the circle, cut the circle out of the patterned paper before adhering the piece to the milk carton. Also, because I did such a lousy job, I decided that ONE circle window was good enough *gal was clearly lazy*. *LOL*


Even though I was going to put a clear window over the circle window, I decided that adding a little bit of washi tape would "cover up" the cut marks in case the carton got scrutinized very closely by the recipient (Yep...any excuse to use my Christmas washi tape...hehehe).


After that, of course, I decided that the clear window needed a glittered frame. :)


And since I only cut out one window, I had an extra clear window panel so I added some gold glitter and made it a shaker Santa milk carton. :)


I finished by adding some fussy-cut elements and stickers.


I think it would be great for holding some candies or cookies. And look nice as a display piece.


What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh that is GENIUS!!!! And SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very clever!

Lynn said...

I think you created a very unique container. Love that submarine window! You sure know how to do a transformation on any container shape. High Five!!!!

Lizzyc said...

This looks fabulous.. and a great gift container too..

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It