Wednesday

A page from the recipe planner - sourdough sandwich bread


 


Ahh..haven't made this sourdough sandwich bread in a while. It worked out well when I was using ordinary all-purpose flour (earlier in the pandemic when flour supply was scarce and that was all I could get)) but once I switched to my regular organic all-purpose flour, the bread got a little denser and drier and the complaints came in (yes, the Yams are such whiners...*LOL*). 


Organic flours tend to be more "thirsty" so I need to adjust the hydration levels. Maybe add a tangzhong to the recipe to keep the bread really soft and moist. And add a few more stretch and folds for a better rise too. :)


I should totally experiment to perfect my sourdough sandwich bread since it doesn't require any toasting to eat...perfect for the lazy members of the Yam family. 


Definitely had fun using my little scrap bits. And how cute is that bear notepaper? 


Happy Wednesday friends!:)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee this!! And your stories of your family just always make me laugh! LOL!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I hope the Yams know how good they have it! That looks delicious. And the bear notepaper is awesome.

Lynn said...

Love seeing your recipe planner page. You inspire me to keep trying to perfect my recipes too.

Lizzyc said...

Another wonderful recipe page.. love all the little fun elements! The bread looks yummy too..

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It