Monday

Mixed Media Monday - portrait on wood panel #2



Hello friends! This week's portrait on a wood panel is #2 in a series of 3 that I am doing as a Christmas pressie for my dear friend Lizzy. :) Last week I shared portrait #1.


For the last portrait, I started with a sketch in charcoal vine. This time I went in with acrylic paints, marking in my lights and darks. Since I really want to take the opportunity to improve my portrait drawing skills during #the100dayproject2020, I'm also challenging myself to use different mediums to "build" my drawing. :)


Here's a look at the work-in-progress. I work both on a table easel as well as flat on the table surface because the portrait looks different at different angles.



I think the portrait could still do with a little more refining..which I will do before I varnish.


Here is my reference photo...Lizzy's oldest grandboy Lucas.


Here are the 1st and 2nd portraits at the moment. I'm trying to finish up the 3rd one. :)

What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Wow!! This one is very good too.. you are very talented!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This one looks amazing too!! She will LOVE these!!!!!

Lynn said...

Another successful likeness...great job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It