Wednesday

From the recipe planner - Dalgona coffee



Yeah, it's starting to look like beverage week here on my blog...*winks* ...but I did say I had so much fun with my new dies right?

Anyway, here's a page about Dalgona Coffee from my recipe planner. :)


Apparently I had been living under a rock because I didn't know about Dalgona Coffee until April when my sister asked me what I wanted from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I went to check out their online menu and it was on the best-seller list!

But as luck would have it, they ran out of ingredients for the beverage so I did not get to try it.


Well, you know me. I just had to google how to make it and there were a ton of YouTube videos on how to make it as well as a chocolate version and a green tea version.

The original recipe calls for equal parts instant coffee, sugar and boiling water which you then whip (either with a hand whisk or with an electric mixer) and what you get a a creamy coffee "whipped cream" that you put on top of either cold or hot milk.


The beverage originated in Macau and South Korean actor Jung Il-Woo tried it when he was there and gave it the nickname dalgona for its resemblance to a traditional Korean sponge candy of the same name.


It tastes like a rich-creamy coffee dessert. Have you tried it? :)

Playing along with the 2020 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

11 comments:

Lady Joyful said...

This looks great! I have not tried dalgona coffee, but I've heard of it.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Welllllllllllllll ... you know I haven't tried and, (insert smirk here...) you know I never will! LOL! ;) One of my fave authors just sent out a newsletter with this drink though ... that is ironic! lol!! I love the page you made about it!!

New Creations said...

Super cute page with all specific details!

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm not a coffee drinker, so I haven't tried it (or heard of it). As always, I love all the details you've added to your page.

~amy~ said...

Oh this is fantastic Yvonne and delish too!

Billie A said...

Great planner. I love this page.

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

This is trending on social media right now, actually not the exact same drink, but something very similar: equal parts instant coffee, sugar, and milk. I tried it but the instant coffee made me sick (ugh!)! Love the photo and the punny title!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is such an adorable page! And I'm totally under a rock, because I've never heard of this coffee. ;)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful page and I love all the things you added to make it complete. I had never heard of that coffee either.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It