Friday

Let's celebrate the little things - this week's quick card



Hello friends! How are you doing in your part of the world?

Earlier this week Singaporeans were dealt two blows - firstly, the #stayathome order was extended by another month (even though we are only 17 days into the first one). Secondly, the closure of previously essential services now deemed as not essential (according to our government) like stores selling solely beverages and desserts like cakes. Yep. Nobody's getting a store-bought cake till June 2nd 2020. Of course, local bubble tea lovers are currently grieving. And did I mention that Mc Donald's ceased its islandwide operations just a few days prior to this too?

Yep. Can't go out, can't eat crap food. *LOL*


Luckily, I bake and my pantry still has supplies for some cakes and cookies so the Yam family will survive this series of unfortunate events. *winks*


While we can't change things beyond our control, we can celebrate the little things in life that make us happy. I mean, use a fancy cup to drink your tea. Or wear something nice at home. I painted my toenails this week and have been wearing perfume too. And my mood is way better! :)


Tell me about your week in your corner of the world. Let's all celebrate the little things in life! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your fun cake card.
Sorry that things are extended. It seems like we've been home forever and currently ours is in place until May 4th which is likely to be extended.

Lizzyc said...

Oh firstly... i love your card, it may be simple in design, but not in impact.. it looks great... and hummm what amazing things have I done this week??? I did go to bunnings, a big store with gardening home wares etc.. I think you know who they are.. well that was a highlight for me.. I love going there and looking at plants.. and yes i got some new bulbs.. for the garden.. I love getting new bulbs and planting them and waiting for them to pop out of the soil and grow and then when they flower it is always a time for great delight.. so that would have to be a highlight for me this week.. our virus situation is good with the line thingy staying or perhaps even going down with less and less infections each week.. but a long way to go yet I think.. but least we have quite a bit of takeaway.. which is good.. we have bakerys and cafes with takeaway only.. no sitting down.. and yes I cook too.. so no chance of me getting skinny anytime soon...haha.. take care and stay well..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING that cake!!! And hmmmmmm... nothing has changed yet here! Still going to work everyday, and so is Adam .... things are still on shutdown, but lately there has been more traffic, than when this crap first started, so I don't know if that means more people are back to work???

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE this card and love that you have baking supplies on hand. We're 6 weeks into our stay-at-home order (it feels like WAY longer, but I went back and counted - officially 6 weeks today). I have actually forgotten when the order ends; it doesn't really matter, as it will surely be extended beyond whatever the date was. The kids are distance learning through the end of the school year (June 11) so I don't expect things to be open before then if they didn't feel it was safe to open schools. We're both working from home, as usual. I normally cook/bake many of our meals, so we haven't been too affected by closures. The big difference is with Trevor's extracurriculars. Everything associated with school (sports, dances, clubs, etc) is canceled. Scouts is entirely online (we're doing a backyard "camp-in" this weekend). Ice skating is canceled. Book Club is canceled.

Lynn said...

That's an attractive card and appropriate as a marker of the bakery shutdown...so sad. Well, at least you are a great baker. Probably the biggest perk of the quarantine rules is that there's less laundry...no need to look fancy or even change often...LOL! I like your idea of using perfume. I have lots of bottles that I've been saving for special occasions but I think their fragrance will help cheer me up. Keep blogging...your life and comments are refreshing.

Heather McMahon said...

I love your card - you have the magic touch for sure.
We've been hunkered down at home but we live in the coutnry so we've been able to go for beautiful walks most days. I'm loving all this crafty time at home!

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

lovely creation
cheers

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It