Wednesday

Earth Day 2020 - a decorated upcycled box tutorial



Happy Earth Day 2020 friends! Today I'm sharing an upcycled mooncake box! :)


I started with this sturdy mooncake from last year's Mid-Autumn Festival. At first I was a little reluctant to do anything with it because of the cool holographic cover. But I'm currently on a mission to upcycle whatever's available at home right now...*triumphant music plays in the background*


I started with patterned paper (Basic Grey and Graphic 45) that I cut to size and adhered to the box.


Then I thought it needed more punch...so I went in with a ribbon border. And of course, I did a horrible job adhering the ribbon at the four corners so buttons were strategically added as a design element. *winks*


I wasn't quite sure how to decorate the box initially. Then the Singapore Prime Minister extended our #stayathomeduringtheCOVID19pandemic order by another 4 weeks till 1st June. Well, goodbye spring then, let's just go ahead and look forward to summer (*high fives friends in the northern hemisphere*) shall we? *optimistic music plays in the background*


Lots of fussy-cut elements and stickers. :)


I had so much fun working on the cover because of all the happy colours!


Not sure what to put in the box yet? Maybe a coordinated folder filled with goodies?


What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I think that is a PERFECT idea to put inside!! This is FABULOUS!!! I love the van and the girl!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Looks great! Love that you covered crooked ribbon with buttons.

Lynn said...

The original box was pretty but yours is better. It makes me happy. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It