Wednesday

The self-portrait that drove me nuts



Yes friends. Meet the self-portrait in my sketchbook that drove me nuts for a couple of weeks.


It started well. I established some likeness at the beginning which seemed promising...


But of course, the facial tone was completely off and I had to work on that....


Once I looked less vampirish and more human, I discovered that the eyes seemed a little lopsided....


And then it seemed like the jawline was a little too pronounced. *LOL*


Guess what comes with practice is your ability to discover "flaws" in your work more readily. *winks*


I'm sure I will tweak it again some point in the future as I hone my drawing skills but for now, this one is done. At this angle, she does look okay. Hehehe...:)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

She looks more than ok... she looks beautiful...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

She looks beautiful... just like the real you!!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

And PS ... package went out to you yesterday -- sorry it took so long -- it has been a CRAZY couple of weeks around here with getting ready for Adam's return! :)

SD pooja said...

OMG..Yvonne..it can beat any photograph ,you amaze me with your portrait drawing skills !

Cindy deRosier said...

It looks fantastic! I don't think there's anything harder to do than a self-portrait, so color me totally impressed.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It