Friday

Friday's Eco Tip: Repurposing old makeup supplies for art usage





Well friends, you know I have been on a makeup craze for a while now...and have inadvertently amassed a stash of used makeup supplies. Since I paid quite a pretty penny for some of these supplies, I like to extend my "investment" by repurposing them for art.

Makeup sponges are pretty expensive considering how often you have to replace them (once every 3 months) so I use them to dab on colorants or spread paint.

I have never ever finished an entire tube of mascara in the stipulated 3 months so I never buy them. Somehow though, they are often included in gifts with purchases. *winks* I wash out the wands to use for creating fun textures or paint splatters on my mixed media pieces.

Likewise, I have never finished a liquid liner by its 3 month mark either. So I just use them as non-permanent ink pens on my projects. The fine brush tips are very easy to control and write with. :)

Lastly I like to keep all my eyeliner/lip pencil caps...they make great pencil extenders and pencil covers to keep pencil points sharp.

Happy weekend friends!:)



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I've never thought to repurpose my make up supplies for crafting!! You are so clever :) Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What awesome ideas!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

You always have such great tips and ideas for reusing and recycling, and I absolutely love that! I would never have thought of some of these, especially the use for the eyeliner caps. How brilliant!

SD pooja said...

Cool ideas to repurpose makeup supplies !

Cindy deRosier said...

Great tips!

I don't throw out makeup every 3 years, let alone 3 months. Heck, I don't throw it out after 30 years! You'd be appalled how old some of my makeup is. I'm not sure how old you are, but I have a strong suspicion that I have makeup older than you.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It