Monday

A page from my recipe planner - buttery scones



I am always on the lookout for a good scone. Slightly crisp on the outside, moist and buttery on the inside...perfect with some jam and a cup of tea. :)


It isn't terribly hard to make but it's a little finicky considering my local temperature hovers around 32C/90F on average. The perfect scone needs very little mixing and for the ingredients to be cold. And my hands mixing them to be cold too.

So I make a big batch and store them in the freezer so that I can slowly savour the fruits of my labour. *winks*


I kept the layout pretty simple...with a fun play with the paper letters on the photo.


Some fussy-cut palm trees from packaging...:)


I incorporated this cute tag from happy mail I received...so this page from my recipe planner came together really quickly. :)

Happy week ahead friends!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Another gorgeous recipe page!! I really love those palm trees!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YUMMY!!! Loving the palm trees and that girl too!!!!

Lynn said...

I'm a scone lover too and always on the hunt for the next perfect recipe. I haven't done a lot of baking in awhile but maybe I will for the holidays. Home-baked scones with a box of special tea seems like the perfect gift.

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE scones! Would they fit in the mooncake boxes? Good scones would be an awesome gift.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It