Wednesday

Workspace Wednesday - virtual botanical illustration class


 

So I attended a Jo Malone x Sephora virtual botanical illustration class today. It was conducted by a local artist/calligrapher - Rachel Koh (@letteringinphosphenes) via Zoom over lunch hour. The idea is to create an illustration inspired by Jo Malone's latest Blackberry and Bay cologne. I picked up my kit (as pictured) at my local Sephora store last week. It was a free class with freebies too! :)

Are you ready to check out the fruit of my labour after an hour? Brace yourself...sit tight... *drumroll*


I know. It's terrible. I'm not great at watching someone do something and then replicating the steps simultaneously. I mean I kept up with the pace of the class. But this was not pretty. I mean, the instructor said I did a good job but seriously, she saw it through Zoom which isn't known for its clarity. *LOL*


But I decided to persevere...and continued the process to add the design to the rest of the box lid


Here it is...all done. It's pretty decent if you don't zoom in to see the details. I mean, it looks very good from afar. *winks*



So now I actually have a "decorated" gift box that I did with watercolours and a white gel pen. Except the recipient will probably be disappointed because they will not be getting any Jo Malone stuff (I'm keeping those for myself! Hahaha!).

Hope you are having a great week so far friends!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I think it looks great! How fun - and so cool that it was free.

Lizzyc said...

Wow dont be so hard on yourself.. this looks amazing...

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It