Friday

Friday night dinner at the Yams


 


Welcome to Friday night dinner at the Yams! 

Tonight we had air-fryer chicken wings. It was marinated in the fridge with a dry rub of five spice powder, nutmeg, brown sugar, salt and pepper for around 4 hours.


We also had a homemade miso garlic mozzarella cheese bread. Yep...your gal was like I marinated the wings after lunch, I can make garlic bread at 4pm and we can have an early dinner. *Probably should have started earlier because there were complaints about dinner being late...* The bread took a little longer because this was my first attempt. It was a fairly easy bread to make (no kneading at all) just a lot of resting time and baking 3 times in the oven in the final hour.


I had grandeur plans for a roasted veggie salad.. But I went with a raw salad because it meant that I didn't have to clean the stove. Apologies for the photo...I had to be quick because there were vultures around...waiting to eat the food. *LOL*


The dessert was lychee jelly. Which I made after lunch because the gelatine needed a few hours in the fridge.

And there you have it...Friday night dinner at the Yams. I think it was a fairly successful one seeing that I had no leftovers. :)

P/s: Hope you are having something yummy to eat in your part of the world too! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Lots of yummy stuff here! Last night was chicken, roasted brussels sprouts, and a garden salad with a ton of different veggies. Ice cream (not homemade) for dessert.

Lizzyc said...

You are an amazing cook! I have the crock pot (slow cooker) on for my meal tonight.. beef.. I am looking forward to it.. it smells good!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It