Wednesday

Workspace Wednesday - pastel portrait



So I have been having some fun with my Derwent pastel pencils...I've only kept them unused for about 8 months... *LOL* This is my latest portrait drawing using them. Can you tell who this is?


As always, my initial sketch always leaves more to be desired. I mean I try but the ugly stage for me starts early into the sketch..*winks* Luckily pastel is a rather forgiving medium because you just use your fingers to blend and things tend to to look artistically blurry. *hahaha* 


Here's the portrait mid-way through...when I decided that maybe I went too much into the dark side. *hehehe*


So I thought I should add some colour to bring some life back to the portrait. And yes, the teeth struggle was real. With my sister, I either get the chipmunk smile or the "look at my dazzling white teeth and give me a toothpaste commercial" smile. Which was why I never attempted to draw her portrait. Until now.. Plus the two others I sketched as a warm up practice prior to see if I could draw her teeth...*she said that those were ugly and she looked much nicer in person*


And if you were wondering why I was so "thorough" in my drawing to even colour in the background, Wonder no more. I got the background dirty (pastels smear rather easily) and had to do the usual cover up job. ;)

But I think I did a decent job. Kind of looks like her right? *high fives all around*


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I knew it was her immediately!!! I love it! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Yep - I recognized her right away! Good work.

Audrey Pettit said...

I knew right away that was your sister, and this is uhhhhhmazing, Yvonne! Stunning portrait! You nailed her likeness to a T!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It