Tuesday

My kitchen adventure - the bao edition



Hello friends! As you know, this whole #stayathome period has resulted in many kitchen adventures for your gal here. I think I must have compressed 10 years of casual cooking into 2 months. *LOL*


Last month, I ventured into the bao territory - the white fluffy buns that contain either a sweet or savoury filling. Given how gung-ho I've been lately about trying new things, you know I tried both. *winks*


My first try was the salted egg yolk custard bun...I love the ones with the lava-like custard flowing out when you bite into them....so you can't oversteam them otherwise you will just have a cooked custard bun. It got the thumbs up from the family so I ventured into the meat territory a few days later. Now for this one, I needed to fold the buns so that they had some pretty pleats along the edges and a small hole in the centre for the steam to pass through as the meat cooks. Let's just say we had many ugly buns....like 35 of them. *LOL*


Okay...let's talk about the elephant in the room. My titlework for this piece. I bought a haircare set sometime ago and it was called Bountifully Bouncy...which I thought was pretty apt for the bountiful (filled with sweet/savoury goodness) and bouncy (soft and fluffy) buns. Humour me....hahaha!

Playing along with Stick It Down.

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HA!! I love the explanation of the title!!! This is AWESOME! Loving those cute fruit pieces!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very clever title! I've never tried making bao. I think I'll add it to my 'try to make' list!

Lynn said...

Love your adventurous cooking spirit and the results. My family would love it if I could make char sui bao. You've encouraged me to search for a recipe.

Audrey Pettit said...

So glad you explained the title, because my very first thought was, "my goodness that is so clever, I wonder how she did that"! That really is perfect for your layout. Just makes you smile, and the whole thing is adorable. And can I say, I'm sooooo impressed with your cooking skills. I've never had a bao, either sweet or savory, and I sure wish I could try!

Cathy Lu said...

Wow~ It is so cool layout, I love your work. Thanks for joining us at Stick it down.

Ashley H said...

This is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us:)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It