Thursday

Papa Yam's birthday 2020



Can you believe that it is June and I just baked my first birthday cake of the year? Yep, with the COVID 19 situation, my brother, niece and nephew #3 got no birthday cake this year. We celebrated my sister's January birthday back in December on her Chinese birthday. So Papa Yam got the first home-baked birthday cake of 2020. *LOL*


I did not go all out with a few different baked goods/desserts this year...because daily meal prep with new recipes is already quite exhausting. But I did bake him a double layer lemon cake with mango cream cheese frosting. And he got his fave Chinese handmade noodle for lunch ...which I also made from scratch.


Of course, the family got to use my signages for photos again. Those poor things had been neglected for the last 5 months! *winks*


Playing along with Let's Get Sketchy.



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

BIRD!!!! Happy birthday dad!!!! I loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING how you used the thickers and the colors are PERFECT!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I bet the rest of the family is seriously missing their annual Yvonne birthday treats! Great layout - I particularly like the diagonal split.

Lynn said...

You are a great and talented baker daughter. Your dad is a lucky man.

Katy said...

This is such a fun layout! Yay for birthday cake! Especially homemade! :) I love your papers and the heart tape! :)

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

What a yummy birthday cake and I bet he just loved it. Covid19 has changed so much in the world but at least he still celebrated his day and got extra cake with family not being able to come this time. I hope he got to talk to them and tease a little by telling them how yummy their piece of cake was.
I just love your take on the challenge sketch and the patterned papers you have used and the embellishments look great. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

Audrey Pettit said...

Looks like your dad had a wonderful birthday celebration, and I am super jealous over his cake and handmade noodle lunch! Mango cream cheese frosting is something I must have in my life.... new goals to seek that out someday. Covid really has changed the world, hasn't it? My daughter had a birthday in April, and I felt like it went completely un-celebrated. But hopefully we can all make up for things again soon. Love this page, Yvonne! Great photo arrangement, and I always love the details and layers you add!

Sayaka Aihara(sariko*) said...

Fun layout! Thank you for joining us at LGS.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It