Monday

Make Stuff Monday: A decorated birdcage



So I've been on a mission to repurpose stuff I already own...and the latest "victim" is this birdcage. *winks*


My bestie picked this one up from his neighbour's recycling bin (yep...I have sweet friends who "dumpster dive" for me...*LOL*).

I've had this for years as a decorative storage piece without actually pulling out my glue gun and craft supplies to "pretty it up"....hahaha!


A couple of months ago, I picked up two small decorative pots of faux flowers (1 is pictured here). If you were observant, you would have noticed me using them as table decor for the family celebration photos.


Well, I pulled out the blooms from those pots and stuck them on the birdcage!


The large pink bloom was from the mooncake box from the other day's Pinboard on a box cover project.


I added this gorgeous blue beaded trim (which I've had in my stash for years) and pearl trim.


I think I might have gone a little overboard because I used up all the faux blooms in the 2 decorative pots...hehehe...you know, being a first time birdcage decorator. *hehehe*


I think it turned out quite pretty. And now I have a more substantial decorative piece for my family celebration photos. I'm sure I will add more to it...like some faux birds and fairy lights...;)

What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Mitralee said...

Sweet! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Cindy deRosier said...

It's so pretty! Definitely fairy lights and bird(s).

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love love this! And I am with you and Cindy ... fairy lights and birds (we know you love BIRDS!!! LOL!) :)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous birdcage redo....actually I think a real bird would love it too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It