Monday

Make Stuff Monday: Quick Christmas gift-wrapping using stuff you have at home



Hello friends! How are your Christmas preparations coming along? I did some gift-wrapping this weekend....the quick and easy way, using stuff I have at home.:)


I got a couple of books that needed wrapping and I did contemplate actually buying some Christmas wrapping paper but decided to challenge myself to use stuff I already had at home. So I went for my brown packaging paper as the base and cut some Christmas scrapbooking paper (*high fives those who have lots of Christmas-themed scrapbooking paper in their stash*) as the mat for some simple embellishing.


Since these were all going into a large decorated Christmas box (*you know how extra I am...winks*), I kept the design flat and minimal. I adhered the patterned paper to the base using washi tape so that the recipient can reuse the packaging. I finished with a strip of vintage Christmas sticker.


I used the same supplies for all 3 books for an overall cohesive look and feel but just varied the way I used the supplies to differentiate them slightly.


I am pretty happy that some of the older Christmas-themed patterned papers finally got to see the light of the day. *hahaha*


Here they are all together. :)


Happy week ahead friends!

P/s: I was travelling last week so I will play catch-up on your blogs this week. :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh these are PERFECTION!!! I love all the Santa's!!!!!! And I have cards, tags and gifts made so far!! Next, getting Dec. Daily book ready! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

These are beautiful, and I love the whole idea of using what you have on hand. So festive and fun, and using the washi tape to keep things removable was just brilliant!

Cindy deRosier said...

These are beautiful! I have plenty of Christmas gift wrap, but I still may dig into the scrapbook paper stash for wrapping this year. Thanks for the inspiration!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It