Monday

Mixed Media Monday: Mixed media eye on canvas



Well it's been a while since I've painted a mixed media eye on canvas...


Now the base for the canvas was done a while ago...but was just sitting around waiting for me to paint in a focal point...you know, one of those in the half-done pile. I did add in some white and gold paint splatters for a more updated look. *winks*


Then I decided to use one of my eye sketches (from #the100dayproject) as a photo reference for my eye painting. :)


I drew in my eye using Liquitex acrylic inks with a handy water spray to create a diffused look.


I added drips to the top of the canvas for a cohesive feel.


I went in with a white gel pen for the fine details.


I finished by dry brushing white paint around the eye to help guide the viewer's eye.


The reflection from the gold paint makes it hard to photograph it true to colour but here she is hanging on my wall.

Happy week ahead friends! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow!! Spectacular!! You are such an amazing artist!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! LOVING the colors! GORGEOUS!

Cindy deRosier said...

Stunning!

Shelly said...

WOW!! This is AMAZING! Love it!

Doreen Vasquez said...

LOVE that mixed media BG w/ the eye! So pretty!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It